Do you remember the old adage, “When you look good, you feel good”? Have you ever put on an expensive garment and felt like a million bucks? It truly shows!
Choose your best outfits in your power color, the color that your friends compliment you on and that you feel great wearing.
Wearing garments that are tailored, fit you well, are in colors that compliment your skin tone, and make you feel great – you exude confidence and:
- You look and feel better.
- You speak more boldly.
- You carry yourself taller
- You walk more confidently.
- You shake hands more firmly.
You make a killer first Impression.
Here are some pointers to always look your best at networking events, business functions and events:
- Plan ahead!
- Know your audience.
- Plan your attire to fit your audience.
- Take the extra time to get dressed and groomed for the event because people WILL notice! Worse yet, they will certainly notice if your clothes are wrinkled, your shoes are scuffed, your nail polish is flaking or your perfume is too strong.
- Pay attention to the small details – others will!
TIP: Never let them see you sweat. Panty liners attached to the underarms of your suit jacket work wonders to combat body odour, just don’t take off your suit jacket.
You may think personal grooming goes without saying, but how many times have you seen someone attend a function who didn’t pay attention to one or two details – and YOU noticed?
Watch your cleavage. You may have a great bosom, but the business arena is not the place to show them off.
- Choose appropriate necklines. Sexy has its place, but it’s not in the business setting.
- You don’t need the wrong kind of attention and you don’t want to be remembered for the wrong reasons.
- Buy good quality support garments and have a bra properly fit by a qualified lingerie representative.
- Your legs might be dynamite, but watch your skirt length.
The wrong kind of attention can be detrimental to your business – remember it’s your personal branding and your company branding.
If you want to be taken seriously, respected and build a solid personal brand, create a killer first impression!
Deb Alcadinho is the owner of Your Brand Power and Westshore Women’s Business Network (WWBN). She works with business and professional women to develop their personal brands to help them gain their competitive edge and stand out in a crowded marketplace, increasing revenues and their branding. WWBN provides a networking platform, training and business development for business women to connect, inspire, learn, grow and succeed.