Tidbits of Training are focused 1 – 2 hour sessions where business owners, entrepreneurs and employees in organizations learn valuable skills to further their success. Sessions are provided by some of the best trainers, educators and thought leaders from in and around our community.
Training and development classes are offered from September to May. Subscribe to “Receive Event Updates” on our home page. To register for classes click on the class name below.
2018 Training Classes – watch for details coming soon.
Past Training Classes
- Pitch Perfect – The Art of the Elevator Pitch
Rosemarie Barnes, Confident Stages, is a coach to individuals to learn to speak and share their brilliance in the most powerful way with their listeners. From compelling content creation and organization to presentation and delivery skills, to vocal control and care, Rosemarie creates speakers who are eloquent, charismatic, and powerful.
- Attract & Speak to Your Ideal Customer
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be Your Own Boss
- Leading a Heart-Centered Business
- Creating a Business Plan with Heart
- Personal Branding – Connecting You With Your Customer
- Networking Tips & Strategies
- 10 Time Management Strategies For Productivity
Deb Alcadinho, Your Brand Power is a business advisor and educator for small business owners and entrepreneurs. She’s a serial entrepreneur and a champion for female business owners. She works with business owners who want to move their business forward by educating business owners, empowering them to take action and holding them accountable. www.yourbrandpower.com
- Instagram for Business Starter Session
- Pinterest for Business – Starter Session
- Graphic Design for Dummies – Canva & PicMonkey
- Facebook Business Pages – Maximizing Free Reach & Facebook Ad Basics
- Trello for Time Management & Productivity
- Hootsuite for Beginners – Learn how to schedule social media posts
- Feedly Content Curation for Beginners
- Building Your Blogging and Content Strategy
- LinkedIn Beginner – Personal Profiles
- LinkedIn Intermediate – Professional (Personal) Profiles
- Twitter for Beginners
- 3 Keys to Passion & Profit.
Inga Michaelson, Freebird Coaching, beliefs that we are all called forth to bring positive change into this world and that using entrepreneurial principles can be a great vehicle for doing just that. Inga supports her clients to do the inner and outer work required to create a passion infused, purpose driven and profitable livelihood and offers high-end, high-impact one-on-one and group coaching programs. Inga facilitates experiential leadership retreats and speaks on the topics of business development and personal growth. She is interested in the movement from the ME to the WE and am actively engaged in creating cultures in which we all show up as leaders and co-create a future that is anchored in possibility, creativity and love. www.freebird-coaching.com
- Google+ Level One
- Google+ Level Two
- Google+ Level Three
- 10 Tips to Grow Your Business & Increase Sales
- Guerilla Tips & Tactics for a Competitive Edge in Business
- Sales: The Secrets of Sales Success
- Handling Objections and Closing Sales
- Crowdfunding for Small Business
- The Power Of Enthusiasm In Selling
- Handling Objections and Closing Sales
- Trendsetting Business Ideas
- Power Success Strategies
- 50 Tips To Give You The Edge
- Speaking With Confidence
- Writing Winning Proposals
Mike Wicks, Blue Beetle Creative Media – Mike Wicks is the force behind this full service print and digital media creative firm. He is an award-winning writer having written, ghostwritten, and collaborated on several books and currently writes for several magazines including Douglas, YAM, and Salt. He is a trainer, facilitator and business educator. www.bluebeetlecreativemedia.com | www.mpwicks.com
- WHAT is your WHY?
Andrea Ting-Letts is the owner of SCRIBE Professional Writing, specializing in establishing brand identity through web content writing & marketing copy. She draws her expertise from managing multimillion dollar businesses & coaching teams to establish genuine relationships that result in brand loyalty.
- Be a Keeper, Not a Getter. “The value and techniques of building a high-retention business.”
- Up at Night: Small Business and the Social Economy
- This Ain’t No Stinkin’ Time Management!
Clemens Rettich, Clemens Rettich Business Consulting Ltd., has an MBA in Executive Management, with 20 years of experience in management, small business, and education. He has supported and run small businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and community development programs. Clemens has marketed Canadian education products in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. He sits on the board of Community Futures Cowichan and is an instructor, mentor, and speaker for the University of Victoria Gustavson School of Business. Clemens is the author of Great Performances: The Small Business Script for the 21st Century. www.clemensrettich.com
- How to Catapult your Community Event to the Next Level: A Crash Course with Paul Latour of Hero Work
Paul Latour is the creator and founder of Hero Work, a strategic program that inspires people and companies to come together and complete extreme community events for worthy non-profits. While working nights and weekends as a server, Paul has developed and used his strategies to complete three extreme makeovers worth over $650,000… and all without funding! His most recent event was a double project: a ½ million dollar reno of the Mustard Seed’s 5000 sq. foot building (done in 9 days at no cost to them), and The Convoy of Awesome that raised over $50,000 worth of food and donations. To pull off these two congruent events Paul inspired 65 team members, partnered with well over 100 companies, and mobilized more than 500 volunteers. A motivational leader and speaker, Paul recently produced, directed, and hosted an uplifting 1 hour TV special about the Mustard Seed extreme renovation, showcasing the power of community. To watch a 6 minute online version of the TV special go to www.herowork.com.