Discover how you can create unique, compelling, and inspiring stories that will help you in your business…with the story-whisperer, Karen Elgersma.
- Find out how to write your story in a way that is marketable, shareable, and emotionally engaging
- Discover the key ingredients to a powerful story
- Learn how you can turn your story into content that you can share
- Understand the different platforms you can use to market your business through storytelling
- Get the insider scoop on how to get earned media –media that tells your story for you, for free (e.g. you featured in Douglas Magazine, or on CHEK TV).
- Discover how to hook your audience with your compelling story
- Learn how to get eyes on your content.
This promises to be an informative and entertaining presentation.
About Karen Elgersma
Karen Elgersma has worked in media for over 30 years as a writer, producer, reporter, host and content creator. During her 18-year career with Shaw Media, Karen produced 1000’s of stories on the people, places, ideas and events of Vancouver Island. Karen’s passion for travel media inspired her in her roles as the Executive Director for Tourism Cowichan and the Manager of Media Relations for Destination Victoria. As a media expert, Karen creates video content that is story-driven for businesses, non-profits, and DMO’s (destination marketing organizations). Karen hosts Tourism Cowichan’s monthly Top Ten, and is a travel media expert who can be heard on local radio and television stations such as BC Food and Wine, CHEK TV, and Evening Magazine. Karen is also a freelance writer. Her most recent assignment for YAM Magazine took her to Debbie Travis’ Tuscan Retreat in Italy to interview Debbie about her new book “Your Next Chapter.” Karen’s love of storytelling is infectious, and her passion for sharing her secrets has kept her in high demand as a speaker and media consultant.
This month’s meeting sponsored by Gold Member: Loreli Urquhart, Alter Ego Fitness
We are open to guests and members, but membership has its benefits with our Exclusive Corporate Partner Discounts and member-to-member discounts. To learn about membership, visit: www.wwbnvictoria.com/register