Next Networking Lunch: January 23, 2013 Keynote Speaker: Colleen Hoggarth, Security House Accounting. Pre-registration required, click here to register.
“How Organized is Your Shoebox?” Get ready for the 2014 tax season with ease!
Accounting might not be sexy, but it’s essential to your business running smoothly. Colleen will give you the tools you need to ensure you have what you need to get the most deductions, have the best accounting practices in place and alleviate the stress of tax season. She will cover:
- how to stay compliant with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regarding receipts and records
- organizing your receipts
- software systems available to assist with tracking income and expenses
- mileage log – what is required for deductible vehicle expenses
- meals – what is deductible
- other allowable expenses for small business owners
As a small business owner, we know first-hand the importance of a business having timely and accurate information to enable you to meet your financial obligations and monitor performance. At Security House Accounting Services we take pride in delivering a range of services such as bookkeeping, accounting, and tax preparation to help small and medium-sized businesses work smarter and to help individuals release themselves from the burden of annual tax reporting. We free up your time and give you peace of mind so you can concentrate on what you do best. Colleen has over 25 years in accounting and management roles and in 2012 purchased Security House Accounting when they transitioned from Ontario to BC. www.securityhouseaccounting.com Colleen has excellent blog content on her site as well, with relevant articles and information. http://securityhouseaccounting.com/blog/
Gold Member Event Sponsors: Lucie Zettel, doTERRA Essential Oils, www.mydoterra.com/lucie | Deb Alcadinho, Westshore Women’s Business Network
Cost; Members $20 | Non-members & Guests $30. SAVE $10 on each month’s lunch, become a member today. Non-members & guests are always welcome.
Catering provided by Juan de Fuca Catering. Gluten Free treats provided by Origin Gluten Free Bakery with locations in Victoria and Colwood.
Cancellation Policy: Please provide 48 hours cancellation notice by email firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to transfer your registration to another guest, please advise us 48 hours prior.
- have a plan – who do you need to meet (people from what industries,businesses or economic sectors)
- bring a desire to meet other amazing women
- bring your smile and your elevator pitch
- bring your business cards
- promotional literature can be shared on the literature sharing tables – placement of literature at the guests tables is reserved for the speakers or sponsors
- RELAX, if this is your first meeting, we are all here to support each other.
To learn more about becoming a member, click here
- Be consistent with your networking.
Make a commitment to show up each month and get yourself out from behind your brand. Your customers want to know who you are!