May 23, 2013 Registration Open. Click here to register now.
Connect with us on Facebook to receive the latest announcements or Subscribe for event information by sending email to email@example.com
Keynote Speaker: Jill Doucette, Owner of Synergy Enterprises in Victoria
Sustainability & Your Business:
How to turn this new imperative into a successful business strategy
- What does sustainability mean to my brand?
- What is sustainability and what does it mean to my business?
- How can my small business make a big difference?
Jill Doucette is the owner and founder of Synergy, a progressive environmental firm working to catalyze the green economy in BC.
The company, founded in 2008, has worked with dozens of local companies to help achieve sustainability solutions that positively impact the bottom line and the brand. “It is absolutely key to ingrain sustainability into the company in order to maximize the benefits to both the business and the environment.
We have seen companies grow and prosper through a successful sustainability program. It isn’t just a tack -on, it’s a new norm and those who get on the bandwagon now are realizing the benefits”.
Jill works within the community to help bridge the economy and the environment as a member of the CRD Roundtable for the environment, new Co-chair of the VIATeC sustainability roundtable, Director of the Synergy Sustainability Institute, and Board member of the Lifecycles Project Society. A passion for start-ups and business planning,
Jill has received the National Nicol Entrepreneurship Award and the Vancity leadership award for her endeavors in business that bridge the link between sustainability and commerce. www.synergyenterprises.ca/
Spotlight Speaker: Annette Quan, Manulife Securities
“Matching your money to your values” Specializing in Ethical/Sustainable Investments and Values-based Financial Planning www.stephenwhipp.com/
Charity Spotlight: Andrea Carey, Victoria Goddess Run.
The 2nd Annual Goddess Run on June 3rd, supports 3 women’s charities and this month, we will hear from Andrea about the Goddess Run and the third of the three charities: Tracy Lubick, Victoria Women’s Transition House. www.victoriagoddess.com
- business cards for sharing
- promotional literature may be shared on the literature tables to the sides of the room; placement of literature at the guests seating is reserved for speakers and sponsors.
- 1 minute well rehearsed elevator speech. Your name, Your Business Name and a phrase that summarizes what your business services are.
- ** Remember you can engage in longer conversation with coffee dates / connection dates after the meeting to get to know each other better.
Lunch cost is non-refundable. If you wish to transfer your registration to another guest, please advise us 48 hours prior.